Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
The Society of St Vincent de Paul is an international voluntary organization in the Catholic Church, founded in 1833 for the sanctification of its members by personal service of the poor.
Inspired by our principal founder, Frederic Ozanam, and our patron, St. Vincent de Paul, the Fatima conference seeks to respond to the call to bring the love of Christ to those in need.
The Fatima conference encourages and enables parishioners, both male and female, to use their time and talents to support a range of projects in which it is involved.
Current initiatives include:
- The annual Grab-a-Bag project that provides food, clothing and blankets to the communities in the Bergville / Rookdale area.
- Delivering bread to charities and orphanages weekly
- Support for Streetwise
- Providing weekly food parcels to the local homeless
- Hosting a Christmas lunch for the needy
- The Christmas Stars and Buckets campaign
- Helping the Blessed Sacrament parish with their Ottawa project
Further information about the SSvP can be found on www.ssvp.org.za
Should you wish to find out more about the Fatima Conference, contact:
Chairman: Dean Munks
Secretary: Alister Davis
Catholic Women's League
The Our Lady of Fatima conference is part of a fellowship of Catholic women throughout the world, united through common faith and under the motto: Charity, Work and Loyalty.
Parishioners interested in finding out about or considering joining the CWL should contact the Chairman, Janice Mossop through the parish.